Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sold! To the man in the tweed suit!

Forgot to mention that I sold my computer, the one I listed on eBay. Got $265 for it. Sweet! It was worth nothing to me taking up space on a desk.
What did I learn in my first eBay auction? Make sure you have shipping figured out right. My bathroom scale incorrectly informed me that the box was 18 lbs. -- less than half its actual weight. For some reason I believed it (scales don't lie, right?) despite the fact that I've carried bags of water softener salt that weren't as heavy. The rude awakening came when I arrived at the pack-n-ship joint and was told it would cost roughly two-and-a-half times more to ship than I'd charged my buyer. Sweet. So I had to eat the difference.
Still, the whole take was pure profit in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home