Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Repetition breeds creativity

I believe I've lamented on this blog before about my short-lived infatuation with the White Stripes. I bought Elephant a few months ago and decided it was the best rock album I'd heard in five years. Awesome. I played it all the time in my car, which meant that Nicholas heard it repeatedly. And he liked it too. A lot. So even though my love affair with Elephant subsided after a few weeks, Nicholas carried on. He wants to hear it every time we get in the car.
But not the whole thing. Just a few chosen songs, in the same exact order. Songs that he's devised new names for.

Stripes' title:..................................Nicholas' title:
Seven Nation Army............................The Drum Song
Black Math........................................The Power Drum Song
In The Cold, Cold Night......................Pie, Pie, Pie
Ball and Biscuit..................................Number 8
The Hardest Button To Button.............Baby Cry
Little Acorns......................................The Piano Song
Hypnotise.........................................Tongue-Tied
Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine.....Girl You Have No Medicine

2 Comments:

Blogger Collin Quick said...

Your son rules.

give it time and I think the White Stripes will name a song "The Drum Song."

8:30 PM

 
Blogger Nate said...

Actually, I think all the White Stripes songs are unofficially titled "The Drum Song." Maybe they add numbers to keep them straight...

11:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home