Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

More fun

Okay, so the first day of vacation has been a blast. This morning, I ran out of gas. That wasn't entirely unexpected. Whenever I buy a new car, I make it a point to figure out how much gas is left when the gage reads "E." With the Ford, about 30 miles worth.
Then, I had a stereo guy take a look at the CD deck; I bought that part "as is," two speakers don't work. I was hoping it would be a simple (read: cheap) fix, but it'll cost a couple hundred bucks, he said. Guess I'll get used to listening to the left channel only.
Next, I got into a Christmas-season fight with my wife. Spent a half hour on the phone with my sponsor and went to an AA meeting over lunch. Those parts were good; the fight, not so much.
Finally, I just finished putting new brake pads on my Saturn, the car I'm going to sell. I'm proud of that. Now I just have to find someone else to buy it.

2 Comments:

Blogger katpurrrz said...

Now that the Saturn's all safe, you should keep it! LOL. Do tell about where you ran out of gas. Surely there's an adventure there.

Gotta love having to go to work even during vacation. Last night? And today -- the mysterious delivery?

Have a good one Caffeinated One! -ke

12:15 PM

 
Blogger Nate said...

Oh, the gas depletion was somewhat expected, if not quite so quickly. I knew I was pushing it, so I threw a 2-gal gas can in the back of the Explorer just in case. Sure enough, I ran out coming up to the light at Mulford on Newburg Road. I just coasted to stop, flipped on the hazards and filled 'er up. I almost made the next green light, but not quite.

7:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home