Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Dear readers

Help me out here. Why is it fashionable to hate David Blaine? Is he the new David Copperfield? Why did we hate him, anyway? This Thanksgiving I saw this question repeated online: "Who's more despicable, O.J., Michael Richards or David Blaine?"
Now, I'm no fan of Blaine, but why is he in the group with an unrepentant murderer and a comedian now infamous for his hateful, racist ranting? I mean really. So Blaine hooked himself inside a gyroscope over Manhattan for hours to shill for the Big Red Dot. It was for the children, people. It's Christmas.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because chaining yourself to a post is not magic.

My favorite response to my post was:

"David Blaine. O.J. is so five minutes ago. O.J. may have murdered his ex-wife and that other guy, but David Blaine has murdered my love of magic."

4:51 AM

 
Blogger katpurrrz said...

For the children?! Seriously Nate. Do you want YOUR child to view him as a role model and do the stupid-A things he does?

12:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home