Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Road rage, Part IV: This time, it's personal

Yesterday I was in a dangerous accident. I didn't blog about it because I was kind of shaken up. Nicholas and I were crossing an intersection (with a green light) when an SUV T-boned us. He must have been stopped at the light before he went through because he wasn't going very fast. But even a slow SUV vs. Saturn coupe is enough to do some serious damage since Saturns are made entirely of plastic. One of the rear wheels is now riding at an angle. The SUV hit us exactly where Nicholas was sitting. Exactly. Nicholas cried a little and when I took him out of the car, I noticed his seat had been jarred off center. If that SUV had been driving 10 miles faster, he'd be in the hospital right now. If it were 20, well, I don't even want to think about it.
Oh, and the SUV drove away. Grrr. I hope they catch him; I got most of his license plate numbers. Or at least, I hope he's miserable with guilt. He knows he hit my kid.

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Wow! Terrifying! Thank God you're both safe.

7:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home