Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Road rage, Part III: Spawn

Today I was driving home from the mall with Nicholas. There's an intersection near Lou Bachrodt Chevy dealership where all the mall shoppers exit onto the main drag, Perryville Road. The right turn lane onto this road used to get backed up regularly, so the city decided several years ago to add another lane to Perryville and provide for an unobstructed right turn that accepted all the mall traffic. But apparently I am the only driver in Rockford who realizes this because every time I pull up there behind someone, they stop and look over their shoulder and wait for traffic to clear in the other two lanes before turning, even though there's a quarter-mile stretch of lane dedicated to their use.
So, today I pulled behind another yay-hoo frozen there, waiting. Being my impatient self, I honked my horn, gestured wildly toward the right and shouted "There's a right turn lane! Right over there!"
Of course, this childish display was soaked up by Nicholas in the back seat, who said, "What's happening dad? What's happening?"
So tonight when drove to the grocery store, Nicholas began repeating "Der's a wite turn lane! Wite over der!" and telling me to honk the horn.
Great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home