Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

How much is that dog in the tiny glass enclosure?

Nicholas and I are always looking for fun things to do on Saturdays. One of them is taking trips to the pet store. Nicholas likes to see the snakes and fish, pet the bunnies and play with the parrot toys (I know, I know). I like to see the dogs. We played with a silky terrier pup, which looked like the photo on the right. I've never heard of this breed, but it's apparently a toy variety from Australia. Like many terriers, the puppies have dark coats that eventually turn tan. So they're better looking as puppies than full grown.
Anyway, the puppy chewed my shoelaces and jumped all over Nicholas, trying to nip at him. He thought it was hilarious. It sort of made me miss having a dog. I had a springer spaniel mix as a kid and my family also had an Airedale terrier. But as much as I'd like to have a dog with my family now, we just don't have the time to take care of one properly. Still, I can't wait for the day when we can get Nicholas one of these.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want a cute black lab with puppy dog eyes, I have one you're more than welcome to borrow. The upside, he's magnificent with kids. The downside, it takes a half-hour of "extreme fetch" before he's worn down. And by that time he's slobbery.

5:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home