Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Bad to worse

Today after church, one of the kids pulled a fire alarm, forcing everyone out of the building abruptly. As Nicholas and I walked to the car, I drilled him on what to do when he heard that noise: Go outside. My son will be ready for emergencies.
Good thing.
When we got to the Saturn and I buckled him into his car seat, I took off my jacket and threw it on the passenger side before shutting the door. As I strolled around to the driver's side and tugged on the handle in vain, I realized my keys were in the pocket of that jacket. And both doors had locked back up. (Stupid auto locks!) So there I was, in the parking lot, with my son happily restrained in his car seat, locked inside an uncomfortably warm car.
I called up Spinello's because they bailed Meegan out of a similar brain freeze two years ago. In less than 10 minutes, Guy Spinello (the former mayoral candidate himself) zooms up in his big Mercury, hops out, puts two little inflatable bladders into the doorjam and wedges it open wide enough to stick a hooked metal rod inside and catch the lock. He had the door open in 90 seconds.
I love that Guy. Guess he still works on Sundays.
Nicholas never even realized anything was wrong.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive customer service!!! I don't know many places that will do that around here for someone!

3:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home