Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Giving up

My 78-year-old grandma is in the hospital. She's my last living grandparent. I'm not sure she'll make it, even though she really isn't in poor physical health. She moved into a nursing home this summer and got depressed. She stopped getting out of bed, stopped eating and drinking, stopped talking. She's just giving up. Now this is a stubborn old woman of Danish stock. Not a frail creature. But she looked awful when I visited her tonight, she's lost 40-50 pounds. She's jaundiced and barely cognizant of her surroundings. I held her hand. I think she tried to speak, but she just groaned. I thought I heard her moan "I love you" to me. I prayed for her with my uncle, who was there too, that the Lord would be with her. I am not very hopeful about her leaving the hospital.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I'll keep you and Grandma in my prayers

10:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home