Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Friday, October 13, 2006

More on my grandma

I've been to see her several times in the past week and she's been improving. When I saw her on Monday, she was able to communicate with me, though mostly by answering yes or no questions. Her eyes are active and she can talk a little, but her speech is very garbled. It seems like she had a small stroke, but the nurses say that the blood tests they ran didn't show any signs of one. I'm not so sure.
A doctor friend told me that when somebody is dehydrated or having renal problems, they look close to death and she certainly did. But it seems like she's getting better, even though she's depressed and does not want to return to the nursing home. I'll go back to see her this weekend with my sister, who will be in town. Thankfully, Abby won't have to see her when she looked so bad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

My grandmother, also my last living grandparent, is declining quickly right now, too. I'll pray for yours when I pray for mine.

12:20 PM

 
Blogger Kuntry Konfession said...

she sounds like she might be lonely....mebbe putting some familiarity for her might cheer her up....get her some music in the room she loves to listen.....some flowers to brighten the room....foto album etc....
an ice cream with y'alls in a sunny day.....(grin).

12:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home