Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election night

Tonight's the first election I haven't covered in four years. It was sort of anticlimatic to head home at 5:30 p.m. and miss out on all the action tonight: the newsroom pizza, the tense horse race, the frantic rush near deadline. But since I'm stuck at home, I decided on the next best thing: Breathless CNN coverage on TV and internet election results on my laptop. It's almost as exciting as the newsroom.
(yes, I am a political junkie)

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Yeah, those were good times, the two elections I got to cover. The day after was fun, too, because everyone came in late and was tired, but accomplished. Then you got to think about all the angles you could take from the results.
Did you at least get to participate in the newsroom betting?

4:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, did you miss a coup. I got to cover the county board race (yay, me!) and believe it or not, a Democrat was elected. Somehow, the world did not stop turning and McHenry County seems to not have imploded. Amazing.

4:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home