Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Thirty and everything after

I turned 30 yesterday. Last week, 30 seemed kind of old, like the mantle of true adulthood would finally touch my shoulders. Now that I'm here, it just seems like more of the same plodding, meandering extension of adolescence where I don't know how I got here and I only have a vague idea about what I'm doing.
At what age do the angels come down from heaven blowing trumpets to bestow the gift of wisdom on you?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard it was age 52 and three quarters.
Happy belated b-day.

2:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll let you know. I'm still waiting

2:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear that wonderful wisdom doesn't come until you're either retired or dead, whichever comes first.

Happy birthday anyway!

10:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late. You know why. Happy birthday.

And wisdom, or something like it, comes at 59 and 1/2, when you can withdrawl from the 401k with penalty.

10:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home