Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Another milestone?

I always get excited when my odometer nears a multiple of 10,000. Of course, this got less rare when I was commuting into the suburbs and putting 2,000 miles on my old car every month. But I still watch the miles click away as it gets to 97, 98, 99 -- narrowly avoiding accidents as I gaze at the dial hoping to catch the actual switch.
Yesterday my new (used) car hit 80,000 miles. Of course, it seems exciting, but then I realized I was alone and no one else could witness the historic event. Aha, camera phone! So, there it is.
Don't think about the fact that the number's significance is arbitrary. I mean, why is 80,000 more important than say, 68,391? It's not, we just assign it a higher value.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home