Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wasn't expecting that...

So I went to visit Iowa a week ago and I loved it. Although the other schools that accepted me -- Loyola, DePaul, Saint Louis -- are all very good, there's a definite difference between a Top 25 (Iowa) program and the second-tier colleges. You can feel it when you visit, when you talk to the students, when you listen to the faculty.
So I set my heart set on the University of Iowa. Then a few days ago, Loyola calls me and asks me to come in for an interview. I'm a finalist for the Kenneth Adreani scholarship, a need-based, half-tuition grant. Combined with another scholarship they've awarded me, the Adreani one would make my out-of-pocket tuition costs at the Jesuit law school about $6,500 a year. That's couch cushion money compared to the average tuition, which is something like $32,000 a year.
The only trouble is, I really wasn't that impressed with Loyola when I visited. Something just didn't sit right with me. But if I win the scholarship and they'll pay for nearly all my tuition, um, I can probably overlook a few things.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

alot less debt is always a good thing. On a side note, good to see you this past weekend. :)

8:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home