Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

What I haven't written

I was reading some of my old posts and I realize how much more interesting this blog was when I started it almost two years ago. The reason for that is I have avoided the two most important, life-changing situations that have occurred in that time: my divorce and my decision to go back to school for law.
I don't know if I'll ever write about my divorce on this blog. That kind of thing takes years to gain perspective on and I'm not sure I trust my insights at this point. Suffice it to say that Meegan and I separated 15 months ago and our divorce was finalized in November.
But I've avoided talking about law school for for a simpler reason: some folks from my office read this blog. Last week, several editors approached me at different times to ask me about law school acceptances, so I know that somebody who knows about my plans blabbed in a newsroom meeting. Oh well. Journalists can't keep things quiet. It's against our nature.
So the point is, there's no point in keeping it a "secret" on this blog any more. I'm going to law school in the fall. My next few posts will be about the two-year-long odyssey I've been on to get to this point.

1 Comments:

Blogger stewtrekk said...

Nate,

Good for you. Law school is excellent training for many things. It will also teach you even more skeptisism!

I only have your old gannet email address and tried to send you a link. Where can I reach you?

Jeff

12:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home