Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Iowa and crummy lodging

I'm in Iowa City right now (well, technically Coralville) because I'm going to an open house tomorrow at the University of Iowa College of Law. Writing that sentence makes me realize how exciting this is. I'm at IOWA! I COULD GO TO IOWA!
I'm sorry for the outburst, but ever since I learned about the Writer's Workshop, the university's prestigious creative writing M.F.A. program, I've wanted to attend school here. Though I won't be writing a novel as a law student, maybe I can get in a few writing classes and sit next to some future Pulitzer prize winners and Nobel laureates.
Getting to see the law school tomorrow almost makes staying in this cheap hotel worthwhile. I can hear my neighbor's television right now. When I first entered the room, it was about 62 degrees in here. Well, I knew what I was getting into when I booked a room for less than $60. At least it has free Wi-Fi. And the sheets were changed ... I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home