Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The first step is admitting you have a problem

Jay pointed out in comments on my last post that the real reason I stayed up until 3:30 a.m. Sunday night is because of the "siren call" of the Xbox, not too much caffeine. Okay, guilty as charged.
My tax return was the gateway to this new addiction. I used part of mine to buy a console. But I can rationalize it; it's my reward for finishing the arduous law school application process.
Now that I have an Xbox, I've reached the highest levels of nerd-vana. I bought Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I'm dreaming in first-person shooter mode. Yesterday I blinked and saw ghosts of virtual soldiers charging me. I heard a Lifeline helicopter fly overhead last weekend and immediately thought of seeking cover to avoid fire from its deadly minigun.
Soon there will be a PTSD diagnosis for gamers who play too much deathmatch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay T said...

You need to give me your Xbox. It may cause you problems in law school.

12:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home