Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Go Hawkeyes!

I've made my decision. I will pursue a juris doctor degree at the University of Iowa College of Law this fall.
After all this hard work, after nearly two years of preparing and testing and applying, I must exult in this moment. I will attend the University of Iowa.
This choice has more meaning to me than just the school's ranking as a top 10 public law program. Its significance dates back to my high school days when I was applying for undergrad. I wanted to go to Iowa because of its reputation for writing. I was accepted and enrolled, I even attended the orientation. But I never went there because my parents decided it was too much money. I went on to flunk out of most of my community college classes and flounder for several years before finishing up my bachelor's at a commuter school.
Looking back, I realize that missing out on Iowa was devastating to me. I really wanted to go there. And I also know now that money is not a barrier to attending college.
So the truth is, attending Iowa vindicates something deep inside me. When I first set out on this law school process, Iowa was what I set my sights on. It was the best school I applied to.
And now I'm going to go there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

This is so exciting! I am so proud of you....even though IOWA SUCKS!!! Sorry you can't expect an illini alum to like the hawkeyes. :)

6:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home