Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Slight miscalculation

The admissions dean at Loyola called to tell me today that I am the first runner-up for the Adreani half-tuition scholarship. That means that I'll get it if the winner takes a pass. But the two women who control the foundation "liked" me so much that they offered me $6,500 a year, which in addition to the $11,000 Loyola already awarded me, would amount to half of my tuition bill. So I essentially got the scholarship anyway.
But here's the thing I didn't realize. When Loyola granted me admission, they offered me that $11,000 or a third of tuition. I just assumed that the scholarship would be in addition to that, making the total award better than three-fourths of the bill. But today I found out that the Adreani scholarship would replace the original amount.
Anyway, I'm honored that the two sisters (not nuns, real sisters) who run the fund were impressed enough with me that they were willing to help me out so generously.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

wow, that really speaks volumes.

6:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home