Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Lip smackin'

Tonight I discovered the greatest barbecue joint in Rockford, Smokehouse Authentic Barbecue, thanks to my friend Jason. It's a hole in the wall, located on the back side of a gas station, but man oh man. They have the best ribs I have had in years. And the best part was the atmosphere.
The cook/proprietor was a big, fat apron-wearing black man with beads of sweat on his forehead. We ate on a folding table covered with a PVC-coated print tablecloth. My grandma had the exact same kind; you can wipe them off with a sponge. There was a 13-inch TV playing American Idol at the end of our table.
When the woman brought out our rib boats, she dropped a three-inch thick stack of napkins with it.
Then, the cook announced he needed to lower his blood pressure a little and turned on his CD player: The Rev. Al Green, my all-time favorite, with "I'm Still In Love With You."
Yes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tricky said...

Obviously the best bbq you've had since Box's Ribs shut down. Right?

9:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home