Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Pudge

I found out today that a guy I knew since high school is dead. His name was Jason Phillips; he played the drums. Ten years ago, he played in the band Seed, back when I used to go to all their shows, all their parties and generally hang out with the entire group of people that orbited around them. He was a friendly guy. We called him Pudge. I didn't see him for many years, then when I started working in Rockford, I would run into him every few months.
It's really sad to me. I wasn't close to him, but we knew each other. He was everybody's friend. He left a wife and one-year-old daughter. I don't know what to think or feel about it. I'm going to go to the funeral. I hope to make the visitation too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home