Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Rats off a sinking ship

Another person in a long line of colleagues and friends in the print journalism business told me today that she's looking to get out, perhaps into public relations. If she's successful, she'll be the eighth person I know to jump ship within the last year or so. Can't say I discouraged her. Everyone who's left tells me how much more pleasant life is without manic deadlines, unreasonable taskmasters, erratic directives and a general sense of doom about the future of your livelihood. But I don't mind doing it for now. It's a job and one that gets me home for dinner every night, and that's about as rare as an extra edition in this business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home