Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Wife beater

I really can't stand Wal-Mart, but not because it's re-making our global economy by tearing it down. The real reason I hate it is I CAN NEVER FIND ANYTHING and the place always looks like a horde of Mongols just pillaged it. But when in Rome you've got to do as the Romans do. So, I try to fit in. Tonight when I went, I wore my shirt open with a wife beater underneath, chest hair exposed and gut protruding. I always try to go for "slovenly" when I'm there. Stained shirts, plastic flip flops, pajama pants, something. I think maybe there's a master's thesis in here somewhere: The Accoutrement Choices of Wal-Mart Customers and the General Decline of the West.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay T said...

Yummy!

6:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Wal-Marts. After living in a town in south rural GA where Wal-Mart is the only store in that town, you learn to appreciate it. Then again, southern Wal-Marts take MUCH better care of their stores than the northern ones do. And by MUCH better, I mean that the store is actually spotless, bright, white, shiny, and they even have a full grocery store region too.

Kudos to you rockin' the beater though! I love it!

10:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home