Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Close, but no cigar

Thanks to that music and food extravaganza, On the Waterfront, all of downtown where I work is being transformed into a nuthouse of stages, food booths and beer gardens. And they use all the parking lots to do this, making it even more difficult to park. So today, I have to play beat-the-meter-maid by moving my car every two hours from parallel spots on the street. I found a spot at a sweet location right across the street from my office. When I opened my door and swung my leg out, an SUV smashed into my open door, just missing my leg.
It was a bit unnerving.
Thankfully the driver is a co-worker and has insurance. The door still shuts, but now the chime rings incessantly when I drive.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is really scary! Thank goodness you're ok, and that you know the person!

Do I miss OTW? I'm not sure. I suppose I miss all my high school memories of it...when I went back last time, it was smaller than I remembered.

12:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home