Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Oh-wah-oh

I'm not sure why, but I'm having a serious infatuation with catchy pop music from the late '70s and '80s. I'm turning to music I remember as a small child to bring back the emotions I associate with them: innocence, security, well-being.
First it was Christopher Cross easy-listening classics like Ride Like the Wind. Then the Buggles' one-and-only hit. Every morning, Nicholas and I play Video Killed the Radio Star while we're getting dressed and ready. When it ends, he says, "Again!" and we jump around and dance to the bass drumbeat. I'm sure it's annoying the neighbors to play a silly New Wave song full blast at 7:45 a.m.
But I still do it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime I hear VKTRS I think of Josh Pelman, and the song Big Country. I think we must of all been at a party somewhere listening to them. Strange memories!
MappyB

5:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home