Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The truth is...

I was at the Belvidere oasis on my way back from a bachelor party in West Dundee and I had heard that the Tollway now has wireless internets. And I just went in to test it out.
I was actually driving down the highway with my work laptop turned on on the seat next to me, testing to see if there were any signal at the toll plazas, too. Of course, open-road tolling doesn't really give you the opportunity to slow down enough to see. When I used to ride the train into Chicago for work, I'd try to log onto an insecure wireless network if I could pick up a signal at a stop. But stops only last a minute or two, so I never could log on fast enough before the train was rolling again and out of reach of the signal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

trying to log onto the internet while driving? That's worse then texting on your cell phone.

5:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home