Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

No site is safe

Okay, the thrill of MySpace is gone. Apparently the guerrilla marketers have discovered it. So far, I've gotten more than a dozen friend requests from fake people who have great suggestions for me to get rich quick or requests that redirect me to a site that looks remarkably like MySpace and offers a great download to enhance my web portal experience. Except, it's not a real MySpace site and I'm sure the download inserts all kinds of malicious spyware on your computer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay T said...

These people are offering you money and great web portal enhancements and you think they aren't you friends? Forward them to me!

6:23 AM

 
Blogger Megan said...

You're just going through the five stages of Myspace: denial and isolation [from the outside world], anger [at fake-ass solicitors], Bargaining [with yourself to justify logging on anyway], Depression [because you now know that you're really addicted], and finally, acceptance.

You'll get through it, I promise.

5:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home