Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Life change through purchase

I was watching Star Wars IV when a commercial for the new liquid Aquos teevees by Sharp came on. A spokesman raved about the widescreen, contrast, pixels, etc. Then the tag: Change Your TV. Change Your Life.
Seriously? If I buy a $2,000 TV and my life will be different? That's it? That's all I've got to do? And here I've been wasting all this time trying to learn self-discipline and make better decisions...
What a crock.
But on second thought, I guess a big fancy TV would change my life. I'd be deeper in debt and spend less time building meaningful relationships with people and more time in front of the idiot box.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay T said...

Did you watch the rest of the movie?

8:25 AM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Just the changes that everyone needs!

7:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home