Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Final rejection

My last rejection letter for law school arrived today. It was from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, which had put me on its waiting list earlier this year. I left myself on it even though I knew I wouldn't be going there once University of Iowa accepted me. But I liked Wisconsin and would've given it serious consideration without Iowa in the picture.
That makes five acceptances, two rejections and one deferral. The deferral would have become an acceptance or rejection, but I withdrew my application because it was the University of Illinois and I didn't really want to go there.
As the countdown reveals, 48 days until I start law school. Just 30 until I leave my job.
I received my orientation packet from Iowa last week. Besides the usual "congratulations on your acceptance" and "law school will be the most important experience of your life" messages, there was this one: Have your fun now, because starting Aug. 18, you belong to us.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home