Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Taxes and tasks

I received my property tax bill in the mail today. It will be the last one I get for a while because the house goes up for sale on Monday.
Here's a fun fact: The Rockford Township assessor thinks my house is worth $100,146. Yeah, right. I might be able to get that price if I left it on the market for 18 months. It's going to list at $94,000 and I'll be happy to get $92,000 for it. The local real estate market went into the tank last year. Some say it's getting better, but as long as we break even with this house, I'll be happy.
So I've got to paint the porch, clean the place, straighten up the ramshackle basement and replace some broken plaster before the end of the weekend.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home