Home of the stovetop latte, a DIY drink perfected by years of trial and error.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The real first day

So I haven't had a chance to update this blog, but I did survive my first week of law school -- even though it was "just" orientation. I also choked on my first exam, a multiple choice and essay test that I muddled through. Two words: Pass/fail.
The good thing is I was able to spend Saturday and Sunday with Nicholas. We went to Magic Waters where he wanted to go on every single ride: the tube slides, the tunnel slides, the water "roller coaster," the kid-sized body slides, the wave pool, and the lazy river. I was exhausted, but we had fun.
Anyway, today is the real first day of law classes. For me that's Torts, Contracts and then Legal Analysis, Writing and Research. It's a long day. Torts begins in 40 minutes with Vosburg v. Putney, the sad tale of a sickly Wisconsin teenager from the late 19th century who gets kicked in the shin and develops a nasty infection that causes lameness. The boy who kicked him (tapped with his foot, really) is found liable for the damages: $2,500. Morale of the story is you're on the hook even if you didn't intend the harm and the damage is grossly magnified by the victim's own fragility.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay T said...

Glad you're surviving. Treat it like a war.

12:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home